Recently, I was contacted by Avery/Gotham of the Penguin Group USA to give my readers the chance to win a free copy of the Geek Dad book. I’ve always been a fan of Wired Magazine’s GeekDad blog. Consequently when one of the writers, Ken Denmead, decided to compile a book of projects for Dads and kids to share that incorporated the fun aspects of science and well, geekiness, I took notice. As a parent, it’s my duty to challenge my children to think in both conventional and unconventional ways. The project ideas presented in the Geek Dad book provide opportunities for adults and kids to challenge themselves as well as one another.
Some examples of projects provided in the Geek Dad book:
- Make a Super Hero ABC Book
- Create the Ultimate Board Game
- Crochet a Dicebag
- Build a Binary Calendar
How to Win
Leave a brief comment below describing a fun project you recently completed with your kids.
You can gain multiple entries by doing any one of the following:
- Following CuteMonster on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/CuteMonsterDad
- Becoming a facebook fan of CuteMonster http://www.facebook.com/pages/CuteMonster/136816721443 and leaving a comment below.
- Tweeting the following: I want to Win Ken Denmead’s Geek Dad Book from @CuteMonsterDad – http://bit.ly/aFNVl3
Disclaimer: Avery/Gotham of Penguin Group USA will be providing the prize. If you are chosen as a winner, you must be reachable via email or twitter address within 24 hours or another winner will be chosen. Contest ends June 29, 2010 at 10pm EST.
Update: We have a winner! Congratulations to @nickcheeseman
Below is an official record of the drawing: