If you’re an Xbox One gamer looking for a low cost Chat gaming headset solution, the all-new Turtle Beach RECON CHAT may fit the bill. Slated for a May 2017 release, the RECON CHAT headset for Xbox One aims to deliver a host of innovative features and functionality.
According to Turtle Beach:
- Versatile Compatibility – Works great with Xbox One and PS4™ controllers with the 3.5mm jack, as well as mobile/tablet devices with a 3.5mm connection.
- Unique Open Ear-Cup – A unique open ear-cup allows gamers to hear game audio from the TV or home theater system in both ears (in stereo), while hearing chat audio from other players through the headset.
- Glasses Friendly – Turtle Beach’s innovative SpecsFit™ glasses avoidance zone lets gamers with glasses play in comfort, thanks to the special channel in the ear-cushion which alleviates pressure on your glasses from the headset.
- Reversible Over-Ear Design – Features a full-size ear-cup that can be worn over the right or left ear, whichever is more comfortable.
- High-Quality 40mm Speaker – A large, high quality 40mm speaker delivers crystal clear chat audio.
- Crystal Clear Chat – Turtle Beach’s renowned high-sensitivity mic picks-up your voice and ensures your every command is heard loud and clear.
- Convenient In-line Controls – Convenient in-line controls place Chat Volume and Mic Mute right at your fingertips.
We were sent a pair of the all-new RECON CHAT for the Xbox One. The set up was fairly straightforward. I found the headset to be very lightweight and indeed, glasses friendly. The sound was above average compared to chat headsets pre-packaged with consoles. Volume level was a tad bit on the low side but not a deal breaker. Overall, for $19.99 MSRP, the RECON CHAT offers great value.
Don’t worry PS4® gamers, the Turtle Beach RECON CHAT for the PS4® will also be available in May 2017.