As a father with a young daughter, I can’t help being concerned about the pervasive media coverage of celebrity exploits. For example, Ms. Kim Kardashian’s recent wedding debacle has been headline news for the past week on every conceivable form of media. Yet there may be hidden value in all this debauchery after all. Here’s a list of 5 reasons Kim Kardashian matters to parents.
- Kim Kardashian provides an exemplary cautionary tale for parents with daughters. The lack of core values in a child’s life has its ramifications as she develops into adulthood for both the parents and the child.
- Kim Kardashian serves as an inadvertent catalyst for young women who choose to use their minds rather than their physical attributes to achieve excellence in their lives. The hollow existence Miss Kardashian has chosen degrades all women who opt to be recognized as more than an object of desire.
- Kim Kardashian provides a living breathing example of the excess of misplaced celebrity worship. In a time when worldwide economic turmoil is the norm, the idea of living vicariously through the exploits of a self-centered, grossly misguided, shallow individual, might finally be recognized as a complete waste of time.
- Kim Kardashian presents an exceptional example of superficial attributes leading to a superficial life. In other words, exterior beauty does not run deep. Nurture the beauty from the inside because our exterior appearance has its limits to providing overall happiness and fulfillment.
- Kim Kardashian marks the beginning of the end of “reality” star worship. The mood of the country has gone from inexplicable curiosity to a general sense of disdain for all celebrity basking in the glow of excess.
What do you think? What impact has celebrity worship had on your children? How do you filter out the unwanted noise?